Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Short Story 2: Ill-fated Checkpoint Romance a la Valley Girl

(Never fear, I am aware that much time has passed since my last post and there is much to discuss...I mean tell. Consider this a peace offering to placate you until I upload my photos and write an acceptable chapter.)
So, we were like totally on our way to the checkpoint, you know, and I was sitting in the front. Ugh. It was like, for sure later than our usual time, so like, it was totally dark. We pulled up to the line, being suuuuper careful, and they were all (they being the three guards) "Aggressively spoken words that none of you in the car can understand, plus some strange motions with our hands" and we were all "Maybe our lights are off or something. No, no...they just turned off and now we have them on again. Ohhhhhhhhh, they want our headlights off."
So we pull up to the gate house, for sure, and the guys were totally dreamy. Like, I passed one of them our passports and he was all "Where are you from?" For sure hitting on me. He was totally going to ask me for my digits, but his other two friends made him nervous. Gag me with a spoon. So I was all, "We're from America." Smooth, totally. And then he was all "Open your trunk." How it really happened was that he asked me to open the trunk and as I was eye level with a very large fire arm I skibbled to comply, saying something along the lines of "Certainly, of course, right away good sir!" I was most definitely flustered and trying to hurry to comply with his wishes but he was standing very close to the door and I really didn't want to tap his weapon so I tried to sliiiiiiide out the door. I promptly caught my foot on a strap of my backpack, which was in the front seat with me, and almost fell flat on my face in front of Guard #2...who I hadn't seen before because he was basically standing in the dark. Apparently, something in my pitiful appearance moved him and he said "Slowly, miss, sloooooowly". I corrected my stance, opened the trunk, met with G#1's approval, and we were on our merry way back to the guest house.)
Like, totally, for sure, I'm still waiting for him to call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am, again, laughing out loud. And you worked so hard to get that quote in!

Sooooo, when do we get to see a picture of Randy (your new IDF boyfriend)?

Charlie misses you and often asks when you will be returning. I distract him with food and clean water, but he continues to ask.

Abby said...

Wait... I thought I was distracting Charlie with food and clean water. Oooohhhh, maybe that's how he got so fat he can't walk. just kidding, i don't even know who Charlie is.

Thanks for brightening my day Gwynnie:)

Kristin said...

Who dat cat?

Agreed, laughing out loud, WHILE talking to you on Skype.

Followers