Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chapter 9: Impending Mother of Millions

What? 2 posts in 2 days?!?! (Also I had to change the format of the blog to support larger pictures, don't be alarmed) Madness I tell you! But now onto the chapter title. No I am not pregnant with milliontuplets...that's just weird and uncomfortable sounding. In fact, I now have sole custody, for the next 3-4 days, of one giant black dog (named Blackie), one very pregnant cat (named Nuush), and a small turtle named Wilson (they found him on a tennis racket). Nuush is the reason for my impending semi-motherhood. When Lily's family asked if I would take care of their animals over Easter, I thought it was a standard animal care job, feeding and enjoying the company of some cool quadrupeds. It wasn't until I accepted the job that they mentioned Nuush's condition. But I'm smart and resourceful and tough...so I ran upstairs and said "MomNuushisgoingtohavekittensandIdon'tknowwhattodoandwhatifsomethinggoeswronganddoIneedtools?!" Mom assured me that cats pretty much take care of everything on their own and we would probably just give her extra milk. Unfortunately, this has not calmed down my crazy any, but I'm sure extra research online will sooth the nervous wreck inside of me...and hey, maybe she won't have the kittens until the family gets back! But if she does have them, I'm naming half of them Gwynedd Jr. and the other half Kristin Jr. ...and one of them will be called Nemo, but only if it has a lucky fin. Oh God, I hope I don't have to call one of them Nemo...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Gwynedd.
You make me laugh.
Good luck with Wilson, Blackie, and especially, Nuush. I, too, hope that you don't end up naming one of them Nemo.

I like the new look. I also like the bigger pictures. You can actually see way more details. Bandwidth and screen resolution are cheap these days; best to take advantage of them, if you can.

Thanks for writing so well.

Followers